Datamyne
User:

Pass:

Forgot Password?

Production Maintenance Announcement - Descartes Datamyne Friday, September 20, 2019 – Please be advised that Descartes Systems Group will be performing maintenance starting on Friday, September 20 at 19:00PM GMT and ending at 20:00PM GMT.  This maintenance is to update the Linux Servers. Descartes Datamyne will be briefly unavailable during this time frame. Questions or concerns can be directed to the [email protected] Please reference CHN-9464.

Mac Users: Datamyne requires adjustments
to your browser's security settings.

View instructions HERE

Minimum system reqs for Datamyne 3.0:

IE 11 or higher, and current versions of Chrome, Firefox, and Safari are fully supported. Your browser must have JavaScript enabled. Please clear your cache if upgrading from 2.1. You may need to adjust security settings to enable Excel downloading.

If you are having trouble logging in, please
CLICK HERE

Call 833.262.2315

Datamyne Blog

Covering trade & transport, with tips on using import-export data to advantage

Pacific Alliance Trade Pact Enters into Force

Category: Markets, Trade Policy

The Pacific Alliance has reached a new milestone in its quest to eliminate barriers to the free flow of goods, capital and labor across the borders of the bloc’s four member nations (Chile, Colombia, Mexico and Peru) and so position itself as a hub for Asian-Latin American trade.

The Additional Protocol to the Framework Agreement defining the terms of free trade within the bloc enters into force as of July 20, 2015.

The Pacific Alliance formally launched in June 2012 with the members’ signing of the Framework Agreement setting out the principals and objectives of the Alliance. The Additional Protocol fills in the details on trade, eliminating tariffs on 92% of goods and setting a phase-out for the remaining 8%, mostly agricultural, products in trade. Sugar is excluded from the agreement. The trade protocol also aims to harmonize and simplify rules of origin, procurement and trade in services.

The national legislatures of each member must still seal the deal and – with the exception of Peru, where the president has fast-track authority on trade pacts – Congressional deliberations may well push full implementation into next year, according to an EIU analysis. But we’ll be looking for the Pacific Alliance trade pact entry into force to start boosting intra-bloc trade this year.

Member by member, trade with the bloc has remained relatively low, as the import-export share charts (from Datamyne’s Quick Look report on Pacific Alliance trade in 2014) below show. Note, too, that compared with 2012, Pacific Alliance share two years on has generally remained the same or fallen (with the bloc’s share of Chilean imports down 1%, Colombian imports down 5%, Colombian exports down 2%). Only the Alliance’s share of Peruvian Exports edged up (by 2 percentage points) in 2014.

Chile Trade Partners 2014

Colombia Trade Partners 2014

Mexico Trade Partners 2014

Peru Trade Partners 2014

Related:

Date posted: July 20, 2015

Share

Comments are closed

Chat
Request
Demo