Fully processed and enhanced records of in-bound shipments are now online 24 hours after receipt from Customs
MIAMI – January 9, 2017 – Datamyne, a top provider of global market intelligence based on trade data and newest member of the Descartes Systems Group, has started daily updates of its Premium US import database.
“We are publishing fully processed data on US inbound shipments – including our value-added enhancements – 24 hours after the raw data is released to us by Customs,” says Brendan McCahill, Datamyne CEO. “Our customers are getting the nearest to real-time data available on US waterborne import trade.”
Datamyne US import data is collected directly from the shipment bills of lading filed by carriers with US Customs. Datamyne has led its sector in shortening the processing cycle that translates raw bill of lading data into a standardized, searchable format. It was the first trade data provider to release original bill data to its customers 24 hours after receipt from Customs, and is now the first to release fully processed data in the same 24-hour timeframe.
Datamyne’s premium processed data formats bill of lading information for search and analysis, unifies variations in importing and shipping company names and standardizes cargo descriptions. The premium data features these value-added fields:
- Countries of origin are specified based on proprietary rules.
- Harmonized System tariff codes are assigned.
- TEUs [20-foot equivalent units, standard measure of volume for containerized cargos] are calculated based on the container number and checked for accuracy.
- Container sizes and types are categorized based on the ISO 6346_1996 Freight Container Classification.
- Calculated values of cargos are derived from current US Census Bureau data.
- Places of receipt are unified using a combination of automatic matching and manual addition/correction of new variations.
Datamyne is providing free online demonstrations of its daily Premium US import data updates. Demos may be booked at https://www.datamyne.com/request-an-online-demo/.
Founded in 1992 with the aim of clearly and accurately documenting import-export transactions in the Americas, Datamyne has since claimed a top-ranked position in the highly competitive US market for trade data. Datamyne today offers the best value in business intelligence: easy access, with expert support, at an affordable price, to the world’s largest searchable trade database. Learn more at www.datamyne.com.
Vice President of Marketing, Datamyne
V:+1 305.455.3638M: +1 908.723.6288F: +1 305.262.8009